Furniture with a past, with a history just like a fine vintage wine.
In our upcycled furniture gallery you will find jems such as an old discarded office cubical cabinet updated in to a chic and quirky file cabinet with a custom wooden top and new hardware or an old hotel bed side table turned in to a children’s room center piece. In these collections we aim to preserve the original character and beauty by making only slight adjustments to the original design in order to make it functional for our modern day lives. Updating the finish, hardware and adding custom design characteristics and details such as distressing, stenciling or glazing, among others. We hope you love your new piece as much as we loved making it.
The Blissopia Signature 10 Step Upcycling Process
1. Remove all hardware, doors and drawers.
2. Sand the piece so our low VOC primer has a great surface to adhere to.
3. Make high quality repairs to any damage the piece may have sustained in its previous life.
4. Thoroughly clean every single square inch.
5. Apply 2 coats of high quality low VOC latex primer.
6. Apply 2 to 3 coats of high quality low VOC latex paint.
7. Add any custom accents the piece may need ex. stencils, glaze, distressing etc.
8. Apply 3 to 4 coats of high quality low VOC polyurethane clear coat for a long lasting easy to maintain finish that will last generations.
9. Reassemble doors/drawers and add new or refinished hardware.
10. Stand back and admire the awesomeness we have created.
(We use a spray gun for all paint application, in order to achieve a professional, even finish on all our pieces.)
View some of our awesome work in the Upcycling Gallery